Bob C. wrote:

>David, I won't comment on all of the symptoms
> which others have responded to, except to
> say that they all seem to be frequently found in
> many, not all, PWP. I can't understand why you
> think PD is questionable unless it is 'denial'
>(a river in Egypt)
>and I don't know why you don't take meds,
>when they very probably lessen the acuity of
> most, if not all, of the symptoms you have a
>problem with and which seem to be manifested
>more so when stress is present.

I've been to BOTH Niles "de & da".   As to why I would doubt if I have PD,
there are 2 reasons:

1st :   I am still pretty new and am in "learning overload" about PD.  My
first few docs I talked to about my changing health looked at me like I had
two heads.  This made me kind of timid about bringing these things up.  Then
I had a very good doc for a short time, and he was relentless.  I told him
about my symptoms after a period of earning my trust.  He said that he
suspected PD.  This time I thought the doc was crazy (denial).

Since then I have had 3 verdicts that have indicated that it is "All in my
head".  My gp, and neuro, then finally a MDS.   My gp's lack of feed back to
me sent me to the web to find answers for myself (May or June).  When the
neuro found out that I had been studying about PD, he no longer treated me
with respect.  He sent me to the MDS, along with his "view of my cause for
symptoms".  The neuro is a QUACK, but the MDS is not.  The MDS said that I
do not have ALL the symptoms, and probably "imagined" the symptoms into
reality.  The more I think about that meeting with the MDS, the more I
question HIS dx.  He wanted me to see another MDS right away for another
opinion.  NO PROBLEM!

2nd :   Shortly after the first of the year my symptoms went to a whole new
level.  Before that I almost never had tremors, except the inner type.  I
also walked upright until April.  Now when I get stressed I get REALLY bad.
My understanding of what I have read is that PD progresses gradually.  I may
have been advancing gradually for perhaps 14 years, but BAM, now its really
in my face!

I have an appointment with Dr. Giroux, of the Booth Gardner Parkinson's
Center in 2 weeks.  She held a symposium last night that I attended.  I was
very impressed.  The other MDS I saw was obviously good at what he does, but
left me with questions about things that did not make since.  Dr. Giroux
seems to be on a whole other level.  She rang that "little bell" (no smart
a.. jokes) inside me.

I have been "traveling about seeking who the glass slipper fits"  (PD or ?)

David Meigs  aka: Pappy