      Thank you so much Kathrynne and Janet!  I figured that Benadryl, being
an anticholinergic, would have SOME effect on someone with Parkinson's, but
not exactly what.  Reading in the PDR was not helpful or clear.  Thanks for
the archival and drug sites.  It's really interesting that Benadryl at one
time was used to treat Parkinson's, but may also have the effect of
increasing P's symptoms especially if taken in addition to Sinemet.
      We played it safe and decided not to mess with the Benadryl.  My Mom
started on a prednisone tablet dose pack today and is better.  Still with a
red face on one side and some swelling.
      This site has been so helpful for my Mom and our family.  I am usually
a lurker and read the posts, but a while back, I asked if there was any
program to help a PWP's whose voice is getting weaker.  A number of you
great people wrote back and recommended looking into the Lee Silverman Voice
Therapy.  We were able to find a therapist nearby who does this, and my Mom
has just completed her month of visits and learning.  Now she practices
every day and is much easier to hear on the telephone.  Everyone notices the
improvement.  These little (and not so little) ideas and supports are so
valuable on this list!   Thank you so very much!!

Corinne