Hi YH...

I'm the originator of the "Pink flamingo" thread of posts.   I had
originally posted about the 2 pink plastic flamingos I'd bought on
impulse and didn't really have a  fully formed plan on what I was
going to do with the 3-maybe-4 feet tall garishly  pink colored
birds.

By the time I got home, I'd decided to write a message message on
each of the flamingos, saying something like "Keep this fflamingo
for up to 24 hours, then pass it on to another resident of this
complex."

My itention was to have fun - fun for myself and for others.-
pulling a silly practical joke on the residents of my condo
complex (there are 300 units).

Apparently a LOT lot of our List members got a kick outta my act
of whimsy and d I've received a TON of private email, as well as a
whole lotta public posts from folks sharing their thoughts and/or
feelings about everything from "what did I feel like when I
plunked down $5 for both flamingos (I felt GREAT, 'cause they were
marked down half price!) to "Does anyone in the complex know  WHO
started the whole thing?"  (Not anyone that I know of, besides
myself.)

This brings me to today... Frankly, as a courtesy to the writer, I
make every effort to reply to each private email I receive.
Public posts that indicate they're ment for me, I may respond to
tho don't look at them them in  the same light as a privately sent
message, figuring that by sending me something they intended to be
read ONLY by me would have been PRIVATE in the first place.

What would YOU suggest I do when there's a public post that
clearly is meant for me to read and respond to?

Barb Mallut