hi all

"what i think i want to see is what i get"

WITIWSIWIG

some people see pain in what i write
the pain may be in the words i use
it is not in me

if i were in the middle of feeling that pain
i would be almost incapable of expressing it in anyway

the expression of pain is healthy
a way to lessen it
to melt it away

my writings tend to be less immediate than that
the pain in my writings is
remembered thought over digested related compared and then simply
described

it is the description that 'jumps out' of me
not the pain

increasingly
through the months and years
i only feel more joy and gratitude
descriptions of which also 'jump out' of me

our perceptions tend to limit us to what we fear
what we are worried about
viz my seeing 'flaws' first as the ultimate
construction site critic
viz my seeing only 'doom and gloom' future possibilities
as predicted by the accountants

but just because we perceive the world as fearful and joyless
does not mean the joy is not there

it is everywhere
waiting for us to stumble on it
wipe the smut from our glasses and say oho!

until that smut is cleared up
we will see a gloomy world
and assume that everyone else does too
and assume that their reactions to things must be the same as ours would be

but they are not
and things beheld through clear lenses
are incomprehensible and impossible and insane
to those looking through murky lenses

looking through murky lenses is not a crime
it is an error
which is re-thinkable and fixable

all the joy and all the love in this world
that we fear is lost or lacking
isn't
it never went anywhere
it's been right beside all of us
waiting patiently for the nexy murine shipment

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: [log in to unmask] smail: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada