I understand that. Most tires (I don't know about the Firestone ones) have a
rated pressure of 35 PSI. People (and dealers) put lower pressure in them to
soften the ride. The lower the pressure the more the tire flexes and heats
up. 32 is exactly the number I use and would use when going on a cross
country interstate trip. Even at max pressure, the tire is going to flex and
heat up and thus build more pressure. But you are right I suppose that in
this case temperature of the rubber is more critical than pressure in the
tire. I have never owned a tire that I only inflated to 28 PSI.