I shall never forget the time I was cruising at 70 MPH at 2 AM on the
Interstate in my 75 Mustang when the left rear blew out (back in 1977). The
fish tailing was horrendous. It was a good thing I was the only car on the
road, because I used all of it to get under control and stopped (thank
goodness for rack and pinion steering). That was the incident that taught me
to keep tabs on inflation and condition (and driving habits). I've never had
a tire problem since.