David, what you described does not sound like diskensia to me. Sounds
like an intensified  intolerance to noise and close movements. As for
the exceleration of your symptoms. Everyone is different.
Each victim of this nasty disease accelerates at an entirely different
rate. Some,experience a very slow increase of symptoms, while others
have erratic
changes. The symptoms can and frequently do change intensity from day to
day. Sometimes even min.to min.
Sounds as though you feel that you have found a good source for
information.          Maybe even some answers to your
anxiety regarding diagnosis.Maybe I should say lack of diagnosis.
Keep me posted.
Juanita CG for George 74/71/64
PS hope your wifes injury was not serious.
My husband has always wanted a Mastiff.
My response was "if I had wanted a horse
I'd have stayed in Ca on the ranch".