Thanks doc, that was a nice post.

My brother left his body in 1994 after it deflated to a small shell of
his former robust physical appearance (cancer).  He lived way out in the
Arizona desert, the nearest town 25 miles away.  I drove three times in
his last 3 months the 400 or so miles, seeing him for the last time two
days before what I now call his emergence, rather than his exit.

Two reasons why he convinced me death is no more "real" than the monster
in a child's nightmare.

First, the wasting of his physical appearance revealed a peaceful inner
essence which began to radiate before the discerning eye.  The closer he
came to leaving his body, the more loving and kind he became.

Second, at that time parkie was yet to end my long daily runs through the
hills, and for several months after he shed his "earth suit" (necessary
to our earth experience in much the same way a diving suit is required to
spend much time under water), I quite literally felt his presence while
in the solitude of my running hills, which were not unlike those he
called home for many years.  I spent more time with him in the three
months after his passage than I had in ten years before.

Today I believe that the creations of Love cannot be threatened.  Death
is therefore not real, except in our imaginations.

Love
Chuck