Hilary Blue wrote:

> .question 1
> 'is the pharmacist   allowed to substitute a generic without  telling you ?

              The pharmacist can give a generic IF the Rx does not specify a
trade named product.  As far as I know, Dr. Sigmund always prescribes Sinemet
and not the generic.

> question 2
> is the generic exactly the same?
> will it be absorbed by my body at the same rate and in the same way?

              The FDA approved the generic which is supposed to be as
efficacious as the primary or original drug.  The problem may occur when the
in-vitro performance of the drug is not as good as the original, but such tests
are not practical and therefore dissolution rates test are used.  The USP
establishes the tests and the FDA enforces them.

Michel Margosis