Mary Ann said: (snip)  "Nurses are taught to encourage people to relate
the story of
their grief until they no longer need to tell it. "

My maternal grandmother was deserted by her husband and left to raise a
young son and two daughters.  She lived to be 100, spewing venom for 70
years directed toward all male human's past the age of puberty.  She was
not a very happy person, and the legacy of her anger reverberated through
3 generations.

But she did, after all, live to 100, so if quantity is our goal, much can
be said for repetition.  In the case of humiliation and anger, however, I
saw an up close example of a mind set becoming fixed for life through
constant preoccupation.

Chuck:-)