Alf,
I think you have missed one thing in your idea of embracing the quiet
and peace within a monastary. Remember that they are "monastic" too, and
that means quiet but alone, away from a woman--your wife. As for boys
arguing with their mother, I have two of each and it seems to me that
girls tend to butt heads more with their mothers than boys do.. but that
is how it was in my family and how I was with my mother. Good luck if
you do decide to escape the *stresses* of modern day life. The trade off
is peace, early to bed, and a life spent in contemplation of a life
misspent most likely :))

Stressless in,

* Seattle* Audrey  friend of pwp Aussie John  49/42/38?