Mary Ann,

In no way did I mean to imply that clinical depression is present due
only to family or personal issues. I realize only too well that it is a
neuro transmitter condition that, as I said, is not curable. My
statements were to address the personal issues that cloud the obvious
unhappiness that those with cd are emeshed in. It is to help once
medication has stablized the depression not to cure it anymore than an
anti-deppressant does. I am sorry if I gave the impression that cd is
something that one can choose to have or not. It is only once one is
aware of what is happening that in most cases one has the tools to
recognize it and to help ones self fight it. I would hope that no one
would think that a clinically depressed person would choose to feel this
way once they had the help that is within most communities to learn
these tools.  It certainly does waste some of ones most productive years
of life if not dealt with. Life is too short as it is isn't it?

* seattle * Audrey
friend of pwp aussie John 49/42/38?