Dear Nina and PIEN friends,

Thank you, Nina, for sharing your point of view, that all
of the money raised should go to research.

 Even though I suffer from inconstancy of caregiver support,
 I feel  that money should be prioritized to assist researchers
working to cure PD.

I also feel that   some funds should  be set aside
for care of PWP's.  For very low income PWP's, like myself,
or marginal income PWP's, it is a tough decision.
For example, on Tuesday night, I was alone.  I had
a difficult time all night. The absurdly low pay rate ($15
for being available all night) is the reason.

 Every month,  I have to PERSONALLY
supplement the ovenight payment to attract
any caregivers, by drawing
from my social security check of $703.00.

Perry Cohen's  project to develop Quality
Care for PWP's is looking at the carrgiver issues.

My friend and morning personal care attendant,
Tyrone, believes that appropriate pay is ESSENTIAL.
 He votes for a 50-50 distribution of funds
raised, between caregivers and research.

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000 23:41:55 -0500 "Nina P. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Hi, Ivan,
> My vote is that the money raised go to the Parkinson Alliance.  If
> we can
> quickly find a cure, we won't need special places to live or have to
> have
> paid caregivers, support or therapy groups.
> And there are not many ways to DOUBLE your money as easily as
> through the
> generosity of the Tuckman Foundation.
>
> You can contact Carol Walton at 609-688-0870 or
> "cwalton"@parkinsonalliance.net
>
> Good luck,
> nina
>

> Ivan M Suzman wrote:
>
> > ^^^^^^  WARM GREETINGS  FROM  ^^^^^^^^^^^^  :-)
> >  Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
> >  Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses   67 Deg. F.  sunset -
> clear and
> > dry   :-)

> > Dear friends in the Parkinson's community:
> >
> > ANNOUNCING A GALA FUNDRAISING PARTY
> >
> > I am planning to host a fundraising gathering for PD research
> > on Sunday afternoon, September 24,  2000,  in Portland, Maine,
> > and would like to link in with the PD Unity Walk in New York City.
> >
> > I hope to invite dozens of friends and caregivers,
> > and raise at least $15,000.00  for PD research.  Anyone
> > reading this message is invited, and you may call me
> > at Cure-It Productions, 207-797-5785 for information
> > on travel and accommodation .
> >
> > My two questions are:
> >
> > 1)  How can $15,000.00 be best used to help
> > PD research?  It is not a lot , but it might make
> > a bit difference to a research project either about
> > to start , or already going on.
> >
> > 2) Where does the Unity Walk money go?
> > It seems like there are so many possible
> > recipients. I really wonder what the options
> > are when one has this $15,000.00 goal in mind.
> >
> > Sincerely yours,
> >
> > Ivan  Suzman
> >
> > :-)
> > 50/39/36

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)