Ken,

I think you said exactly the right thing serious or not. It is true what
you said about the Firestone tires too.  I knew my daughter and
son-in-law had a subaru 4wd new car. When they came to see me on
Saturday, I noticed they had the Wilderness version of the Firestone
tire that they had shown on tv the night before. Neither of them had
seen this report and were quite alarmed. My daughter regularily carries
special needs children or client parents with her in her car as part of
her business as King County coordinator for Special Needs Children.  She
lives in Seattle, WA and as you may know is not part of the *first
phase* of those who are having these tires replaced. I am furious that
the responsibility of the company towards all those who bought in good
faith, and whose lives are in jepoardy, are to wait until next year so
that a company can * phase* the replacements into their time frame. To
see the injuries of those who lived is enough, but to realize that
Firestone was exposed, and yet has the colossal nerve to suggest that
tire air pressure and living in the north will prevent this from
happening is appalling. It seems the bottom line and words are enough
for them whereas customers lives and future law suits are only possible
events.