----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "davidmeigs" <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: <[log in to unmask]>
Verzonden: vrijdag 11 augustus 2000 10:22
Onderwerp: Parkie Center - WOW!

Hi David,

>> I had "vivid dreams" 3 or 4 years ago, and a few recently.  I thought it
was
just a reaction to drugs that caused it in PD.  It turns out it is just
another symptom of PD some people have. <<

Yes, it's PD, but can get more, and more vivid, because of the meds.
Sometimes they can be so vivid you actually can "kick" your partner out of
bed!

>> Another symptom I have had for years is "inner tremor".  <<

A well known symptom of PD.

>> The dyskensia is another thing though.  This is one of a few things that
makes me wonder IF PD is the shoe that fits.  I get involuntary movements at
times, and I take no drugs.  These are much worse with stress.  <<

If you get sudden jerking, sometimes with cramp, movements, these can be
"clonic" contractions, cogwheel-like, but with bigger movement.

>> A loud noise, or sudden movement makes me "jump".  If I am walking in a
parking lot, and a car starts, or starts to move, I "jump" like being
startled.  Even if I see it coming.  Someone sitting behind me making noise
has the same effect. <<

Yes, "bang"-noises make me jump too from time to time. Do you have trouble
with people standing or walking close behind you, that that is irritating,
seems kind of threatening?

>> after waiting for an hour <<
>> walk slower than usual <<
>> My voice dropped way down in volume, etc...   STRESS INDUCED! <<

Yes.

>> Maybe that is why my symptoms go up & down!   Hmmmmm. <<

Symptoms may come and go like waves, waves of seconds, minutes, hours, days,
weeks, months, years. (In the end they are of course worse than in the
beginning).

>> My neck pain & head ache <<

The neck and facial muscles can get "overworked", giving pain and headaches.
Also sometimes the "sinusses" of the nose can get painful or cramping, like
you have a bad cold.

>> She hopes you don't think we live in a mad house <<

Ain't everybody with PD living in a "mad" house??    :)))

Hans.