> suicide
> is a not a failure of the individual
> but rather of the system

I've avoided the discussion concerning suicide until now, but this is too
much.  I'm tired of the new-age philosophy that the individual is never at
fault, but the system is.  Garbage.

We are all in control of our own lives - just ask those smokers who insist
that they have a right to smoke (which, in my opinion, is a form of
suicide).*Some* people who commit suicide are out of control -  but not all.
So, to blame a system (albeit, a flawed one) for suicides is like blaming
the system for people smoking.  Choices are made by individuals - not
systems.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann