Dear Corinne,
Benedryl can bring about sedation and/or confusion, especially in the
elderly; and can also cause rash.
Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's disease"
     & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's disease,"
     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/