hi
  i am having a problem with jacks condition. he saw  the neurolgist that
originally diagnosed
him as having pd. this time i was disappointed with dr. as he had jack walk
about and do some
 hand and finger movements then wrote a perscription for generic cogentin to
take 1 tablet
in morning this was  mid april. we did not see any change and went back mid
may when dr.
changed pers. to comtan 1 tablet in morning and said to phone in 2 weeks to
report on
jacks condition. we did so and could just speak to nurse--he was  better  in
morning but
became very slow by mid afternoon.  the nurse said she would tell doctor.
after a few days the nurse
[not the doctor] called and told us to increase the sinemet at noon then
call back in 2 weeks to report
again.  sshe said if there were any problems the doctor wold see him to
decide how to progess.
    by this time i am furious and told our own dr. who said she would speak
to neuro and have him
phone us which never happened. is this usual for patients to have to go
through a nurse and
only speak to dr. at an office visit?
    right now jack has seen our local dr. who agreed that he was not
improved and wants him to
 go for physical therapy again. right now he is taking
         8 am       comptan     sinemet cr 50/200    1 senna
      12 noon    sinemet 50/200    sinemet 25/100 1senna
       4 pm        comtan  proscar   25/100   [our own dr. suggested
dropping 50/200 and adding
   the comptan instead]
      8pm  sinemet 50/200 and 2 senna
my question is how do i tell if he is over or under medicated. he is more
confused and is too
tired to do exercises or anything i suggest.
  would appreciate any input or suggestions. at this time he does not want
to see neuro or
any  another neurologist.
    our own dr. is happy to read my printouts and we have confidence in her.
 connie