As Janet has pointed out, CD is a symptom in a very large percentage of
Parkies.  It seems, therefore, that the topic should be discussed on this
list.  It appears the problem is that, for many subscribers, too many of our
communications have involved CD.  It has become a dominant issue.  If such a
large number of e-mail messages involving CD are necessary, a separate list
would make sense.  This would be an advantage to those wanting to focus on
CD and the many associated issues.

An acceptable alternative (IMO) would be to reduce the number of CD
communications, but keep CD as a topic on this list.  This would be my
personal preference as a person interested in CD as a possible part of the
overall PD experience.  In this scenario, it falls on those contributing to
the list to exercise moderation in CD discussions, as well as other PD
related topics.  Some people have commented that the CD topic is upsetting
to them personally.  There are a number of topics discussed that are
potentially upsetting, but there are some overriding considerations (e.g.,
our desire to learn, our need to understand PD through interaction with
others on the list).

Regardless of the solution decided upon, I hope we can avoid allowing
arguments to escalate to the point of becoming personal attacks.  The
friendly, helpful spirit that is usually demonstrated on the list is more of
much more benefit to all.

Regards,
Dave Bergford
59/58/55?