I've just discovered an amazing search engine
that searches all other search engines called Copernic 2000.
It's shareware (can be downloaded off the Net in about 5 minutes for free).
http://www.copernic.com

After downloading it, out of curiosity, I input my own name as a search category.
To my surprise, amoung the returned hits were some posts I'd made to the pd list
(and to other lists I belong to ).
I thought list discussions were more privately contained
but when we speak on a list, everything we say becomes public domain.
On a lighter note, this search engine is a very fast way to search family histories,
if anyone is interested.

Murray C, if you are out there,
what is your impression of this search engine,
as far as search engines go?

Joan U
(with no affiliation whatsoever to Copernic software)