An answer! Thank  you, (I think) My original question was based on the
thought, "What is the point to looking or "longing" for something that
serves only to magnify what is gone."  Just curious about thought processes
and the why and how the brain thinks when placed in a critical situation.
As you know the brain is a "wondrous" (sp) organ,  I have lurked on the list
for about 3 years now, and I must say, this is a powerful group.  Highly
intelligent and caring.  What a great place to track the brains ability to
cope, resist, understand, wallow and most of all soar.
I guess it also has the ability to lash out in some situations.