Jim Finn wrote:

> Group -
>
> This is NOT good news for those of us with PD.
>
> As many of you know I am a "pig cell" transplant patient who has derived
> great benefit from this highly controversial procedure.  To date there have
> been no viruses detected in my body.  The xenotransplantation took place
> nearly 4 years ago.

I agree, it's discouraging news. Having followed the debate in
professional journals for some years now, I must say that the risk
cited (extinction of homo sapiens) seems a bit overblown; but then
a tiny voice says, "what if, just this once, the objectors turn
out to be RIGHT?" I dunno. What became of the plan to breed virus-
free pigs? Cheers,
Joe