To those who doubt that Al Gore will keep his promises: I feel otherwise! He
really stepped on some toes in that speech, and that is not the sign of
someone making idle promises!  He is not afraid to take on the oil, cigarette
and insurance companies, and HMOs, for example.  He is a government lawyer at
heart,  even if you don't like lawyers in general, the ones who work to
protect the public, are a whole different breed than private practice
lawyers!  At this point I have never heard anything bad about Al Gore's
character, so he should not be compared to Bill Clinton morally, and after
the election, should he win, Bill clinton will NOT be hanging around the
White House on a regular basis. the main criticism Al Gore has gotten involve
him being too serious about his work and not having an outgoing personality,
do we want a leader who is NOT serious about the job of leading the
country???  Would we be better off with a president with a great personality,
who is not quite as knowledgeable?  Has Bush promised anything that will help
PWP's? ( I don't know, I am just asking on this question.)  Democrats are
known for creating and funding public projects, Republicans would rather have
the government out of the "generosity" business, and want people to help
themselves. This would be wonderful, except many people are unable to help
themselves. If you are in the workforce, as I am, when is the last time you
saw a large outpouring of help from am employer? My health insurance keeps
getting more expensive for LESS coverage, my company perks are dwindling and
my  paycheck is not growing. If the Government does not do things to help us,
no one will! If you already have more  money than you will ever need, you
will not care, but that applies to a very small percentage of the people.
Politics is NOT a religion, I can be a Democrat, or a Republican and either
way, about half the folks in this country will be on my side. This is why I
will vote for Al Gore and expect him to keep his promises.  Bush has always
had so much money, I don't think he can  imagine what life is like to people
who can't afford food, medicine, or either.  Can anyone imagine having
Parkinsons without the meds,  doctors, or having proper nutrition?  I am not
a PWP, but I could be someday, so I must vote with that in mind. If anyone
can show me evidence that I am wrong, I will pay attention!
Ken B