Hi
I second Sid's comments on Ecco shoes for pwp's.   I also like Born (made in
Germany) and about the same price range.  (Like Sid, I have no financial
interest in these shoes whatsoever.........when my husband looks in my
closet, he may doubt that statement!!!!!!!!!!).

These shoes have a wide sole which gives a good feeling of support, and it is
not gripping on the bottom.........I have problems with foot drag, not
lifting my toe high enough, and also some balance.   I cannot wear an
athletic shoe without stumbling because the sole would "cling or clutch"
carpeted surfaces.  Heavy shoes were too tiring, lightweight shoes offered
little support......and I just fumbled through the day always hoping to get
where I was going.

The Born and Ecco shoes seem to provide a good weight balance that seems to
enable me to pick my feet up a little better.   My AFO will fit in the
Born's.  The closings on many of the shoes are velcro........or elastic in
the loafer/sandel styles.

I have found these at many of the department stores in our area........price
range is $39 to $79 US...........I have been wearing these shoes for about 8
months, and swear that my walking has improved with them!!!

There may be other brands that have similar soles.........but if you can take
a look at the Ecco's or Born's (Natur is also made by Born) and see what the
sole material is then you will know what to look for.  Although the sole does
not catch on carpeting, I have also NOT had a problem with it being
"slippery" when wet.    I have not tried these shoes on ice or wintery
conditions yet........

Rita Weeks  55/10