Friends,

Greg is writing about the bottom falling out from
under you--I am at the bottom:
taxes piling up unpaid, bills that are insumountable
and a MAXIMUM WAGE allowed of $156.00 per month;
maximum in th bank-0- $2,000.00  (which is 10 x what I
have).
Welcome to America-land of the corporate rich, home of the working
poor and the underclass.  I have hallucinated, alone at night,
for the first time, recently, and become exhausted
and unsafe at night, with noone here.  The  Maine state regulators
plan to shove me in th cattle car and send me to the death camp--
the nrsing home.  What a fate for an "icon" and "hero"of the PIEN list!

My overnight caregivers are paid $15.00 per night (not per hour)
The only answer i am getting is to prepare for a nursing home,..
because the lobbying power of those  of us who need long-term assistance
to REMAIN at home is negligeible, compared to
the nursing home lobby's advocacy,  that shifts the financial
resoures into the nursing homes.

I will go Democratic  and / or Green at the  elections,
as Republicans are not helping the marginalized.
That is, if I'm not stuck away in a PD ward, unable
to get to the polls.

Ivan
50/39/36

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:43:54 -0400 Greg Sterling <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> [...]

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)