What a shame that it has to come to this.
For the last few days there has been the usual whirlwind of thoughts and
statements bantered around the list over what I deem a mis-understanding.
I use mis-understanding out of respect for Janet.  I truly believe that the
motivation for violating a basic "right"  was not malicious, but done in a
"protective" thought process.  I could be wrong, but from the thousands of
posts that Janet has shared, I would find it hard to believe that her
motivation was evil in intent.
Regardless, I do not think that the list needs protection from its self.
The list does have the normal cliques, as all of society does.  That is fine
and probably serves some rather well.  However, in a society there are many
differing views.  Our society today is struggling to be "inclusive".  To be
"inclusive" we all must look at each other without suspicion.
I never thought (from what I read and talked) that David Boots was really a
threat to the list (maybe only perceived by some).  It seemed that a few
were offended, both on list and off and the "list police" banished a vital
member.  Say what you will, David has an uncanny way of writing about PD.  I
read his site at weak times and marvel at how I really am blessed.  Even as
this post goes out, David still has PD and so do we.  I ramble...
To the point, yes my feelers were hanging out and got stepped on.  I asked a
simple question about the point of looking backwards.
Anyway...
I have accepted the apology.  Nothing more needs to be said about it.
We need Janet!  We need David!  We need to include all, even if they are
"different" in thought and deed.
I am real, I have PD, banish me if you will, but I will still be here and
until we become "inclusive" and learn how to work towards a common goal, I
probably will still be suffering with PD.