Dear ListMembers:
I am deeply saddened re: recent events on The List,
although I chose to remain uncharacteristically
silent.Tonight I feel I must speak. I came to this ListServ
as a newly diagnosed PWP who felt terrified and alone. I
gained computer-literacy out of a desperation born of a
need to access this information goldmine re: our common
enemy, Parkinson's disease. Through this forum I met some
of the most intelligent, caring, humorous individuals I
have ever known. I consider many of you friends. I allowed
you, via the Internet, into my home and my heart. I have
also witnessed the List's dark side, those times when we
forget the real enemy and turn on each other in a feeding
frenzy. Never has this been more evident than in recent
weeks. Shall we blame that silent scapegoat, Mr.PD? Or look
in the mirror and blame ourselves?
           Carole Hercun 54/51/?45