db

i can only imagine the kind of awareness
that causes someone to see the world thru bleak blinders
who anticipates cruelty, predatory behaviour, deliberate sabotage at every
turn
my tiny experience of abuse at age 4 and threat of repetition over 8 years
left me with a kind of constant hyper-vigilance which gives me
(now that i can actually talk about the whole thing)
a sensitivity to similar awareness in others

in their eyes
the world is full of danger
any joy out there is a fake, a lure, a dirty trick
much safer to lash out first
than to risk being made
to look a
fool

my heart aches at such pain
and i feel helpless to deal with it
any attempt on my part can only be perceived as pity and swatted away
kindness and empathy are for
fools

but what if we are all
not fools at all
not one of us?

what if we have all been fooling ourselves
as to our vulnerability?

how do we change the vision
from bleak to clear?

remove the blindfold
here, i'll help
simple

jp

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: [log in to unmask] smail: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada