Kathrynne-- at one time this was discussed a lot on list in relation to
Udall advocacy. I suspect that PAN would have the info we came up with
then--if not, try the archives.  Good project!

>Dear Listfriends,
>I have been invited to write an article on PD for a health
>care journal. I have agreed to do this, without recompense,
>because I think it will help spread understanding of PD
>among health professionals (the readers of the journal).
>Some important considerations, I believe, and ones that cast
>PD in a new light, are the financial costs, both to the
>individual and to society. However, as there is no accurate
>tally of the number of people with PD, it's difficult to get
>such costs.
>
>Does anyone have any cost figures, of any kind related to
>PD, that they could refer me to? I will need to be able to
>substantiate such figures, so I will need to quote the
>source of such figures.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help --
>Best regards,
>Kathrynne
>

>--
>Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
>Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
>"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
>"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
>disease"
>     & Risk Assessment Tools
>"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
>disease,"
>     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
>http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for