This was sent to me yesterday, in reply to my off list ??? about the trip
that Pat & Anita are preparing to take.  I believe they meant to send this
reply to the whole list and not just to me.  Jen  Dad w/ PD 55/39

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 5:33 PM
To: Fleming, Jennifer
Subject: Re: PWP---Coping With Physical Limitations OR Life Goes On !

     A local bank arranged the tour  for the Canadian Rockies train
ride.

     The site given at the bottom of the printed material (which is
pretty general) is    www.visitor.calgary.ab.ca/travel/customs.html

     The logo on the material is   Rocky Mountain Railtours
                            Journey Through the Canadian Rockies by Rail
                             Canadian Rockies by Daylight by Rail
                        The Most Spectacular Train Trip in the World

      Another tidbit of information about the common Ace knee
brace, the type that is a little stretchy and has the open patella
and the side stiffeners.    Well,  sometimes the knee braces set
off the alarm at the airport security checkpoints and sometimes
they don't.    Several people had told me that the stiffeners were
plastic and that the plastic would change shape if the braces were
dried on a high heat setting in the clothes dryer.

      Wrong!   The curved strips in the knee braces are metal.
Some stitches came loose at the end, and one of the stiffeners
poked through.    That's why they set off the alarms at the airport
(sometimes).

      All the best to all you good folks.