This is a version of an old hoax---see below, from the About.Com website,
and DO NOT FORWARD!!!!
*********
The Story

     A while back an email similar to the one below started making it's way
around the internet. I got a copy and did a little checking. I
     found out that according to the American Cancer Society the part about
them is untrue. They have put up a web page explaining
     their stance. You can reach it at http://www.cancer.org/letter.html.
The copy I have below is not the original, so if anyone has a
     copy of the original please email to me at [log in to unmask] and I
will add it to the collection. Let me know if you would like
     credit for sending it in. The letter also normally includes an address
block at the bottom.

     The Email

     Dear All,

     I just received this mail from a friend of mine in my College.

     Please respond to it. It will just mean employing a little bit of time
and won't cost you a penny. All it needs is the heart for you to
     send this mail.

     PLEASE pass this mail on to everybody you know. It is the request of a
little girl who will soon leave this world as she has been a
     victim of the terrible disease called CANCER.

     Thank you for your effort, this isn't a chain letter, but a choice for
all of us to save a little girl that's dying of a serious and fatal
     form of cancer. Please send this to everyone you know...or don't know.
This little girl has 6 months left to live, and as her dying
     wish, she wanted to send a chain letter telling everyone to live their
life to fullest, since she never will. She'll never make it to
     prom, graduate from high school, or get married and have a family of
her own.

     By you sending this to as many people as possible, you can give her
and her family a little hope, because with every name that this
     is sent to, The American Cancer Society will donate 3 cents per name
to her treatment and recovery plan. One guy sent this to 500
     people!!!! So,I know that we can send it to at least 5 or 6. Come on
you guys.... and if you're too selfish to take 10-15 minutes
     scrolling this and forwarding it to EVERYONE, then you are one sick
person. Just think it could be you one day.It's not even your
     money ,just your time!!! PLEASE PASS ON