Note to David Meigs
The other day you posted a note criticizing Gore. I quote: " They should
have their prescriptions paid for, ESPECIALLY if they are on Medicaid.  Gore
has had 8 years to improve this, and it is no better now than it was under
Reagan.
If there is a culprit, it's the Congress. They make the laws. The Vice
President only gets to vote in a tie.
No matter which one you end up choosing, Your choice of Congressman and
Senator is probably just as (or more) important. Are you familiar with the
voting record of your Congressman? Is their an advocacy group Lobbying
him/her?

The Economist John Galbraith once said, "No matter what Government does, it's
bound to have the opposite effect of that which was intended."
I voted for Reagan for fiscal conservancy. He ran up the biggest federal debt
in history.
Present facts: Gore has taken a stand for stem cell research and taken a
position ProChoice.
Bush has definitely been anti-stem cell research and has shown to be Pro-the
Antiabortion Rules and Regulations.
So maybe, taking Galbraeth's advice, if your ProLife you should vote for Gore
and if your Pro-choice vote for Bush.
And that's about as convoluted in thinking I can do for one day.
Sid Levin