i think that those homes you are talking about sound wonderful - when you are
80 years old.
but i have no interest in getting my hair dyed blue and set on rollers every
week. nor do i  have the family to come visit me and to make sure i am being
well cared for.
 i do have a home health aide who works part time in one of the better nursing
homes in the area,
and she came to me the other day , very upset, because she did not know who to
turn to;.
 on the one hand , she was afraid to lose her job, on the other she felt it
was her duty  as a religious, caring woman, to report to "somebody" how the
patients were being mistreated. in little subtle ways. like baling scolded and
shamed in front of other residents for accidents of urinary incontinence - and
left in wet clothes for hours. And many other incidents that an old lady would
be ashamed to report to her family...
so on these two grounds - age incompatibility, and small scale maltreatment of
patients - i think that i am not ready for that kind of life - not  yet. maybe
when i am 80 i will feel differently about it.

hilary blue
51,33,24