Bill--You have made some very good points about this latest brouhaha.  I've
been reading the posts and it did seem that some of the reactions to Janet's
postings were way out of proportion.  There seem to be some people who just
can't wait to jump on every little word Janet says or to make a point of
"explaining" what's going on and criticizing her to others. Janet was very
helpful to me when I first joined this list and as MANY others have pointed
out, she's been done the same for them.  I know many of us would miss her and
even if she is still on the list, as JoAnn pointedly said in four separate
posts today, that's her prerogative.  She has left the list before and
returned and I know many of us hope she'll do so again soon.
Now I'd like to make a suggestion that might help--this is just my opinion,
but it can't hurt to try it.  First, Janet think twice before posting
anything that might stir things up.  Second, All those who are so quick to
jump on Janet exercise some restraint.  If you don't like something she posts
to the list, hit delete.  If you absolutely can't keep from saying something,
her off-list address is at the bottom of all her posts, do it privately and
politely and don't start an inter-list war.  Again this is just MHO, but as
the saying goes--it couldn't hoit.
Eleanor