Hi Jennifer,

IMHO it is a myth or misconception  " those who believe human life
starts at the beginning of conception" ....
One may argue : are not the spermatozoids and eggs also alive before the
conception ??
Must we not then keep all the human produced eggs and spermatozoids alive
following this same reasoning ??
It is not at this stage in reality only another stem cell that can be
transformed if necessary in any kind of cell (and not at this stage a human life
for what one understand as a real human being and respective human life)??
Best regards,

"Fleming, Jennifer" wrote:

> Greg said below "The government should not involve itself in issues between
> a woman and her doctor.  Whether you are pro-choice or pro-life you must
> agree that abortions will always exist as long as women inhabit this planet.
> Do we really want to go back to the days of the coat hangar?"
>
> Do you feel differently about murder?  Why?  Murder has always existed since
> the beginning between Cain and Abel.  For those who believe human life
> starts at the beginning of conception, it is the same thing.  Jen  Dad w/ PD
> 55/39
>
> Subject: Re: The Stem Cell Battle is NOT over
> In partial answer to your question "would they rather see the surplus eggs
> incinerated or used to benefit mankind", I have one disturbing opinion as
> presented by a pro-life supporter whom appeared on Hannity & Colmes a half
> hour ago.  After being asked that identical question by Alan Colmes this
> guest stated that he would never approve of using frozen human embryos to
> benefit another human being, even if the alternative was their destruction.
> He said that this type of procedure would place the human being on equal
> status with a popsicle.
>
> Personally, these people scare the hell out of me.  What will they blow up
> next?  Their phony display of respect for life is appalling.  A cell or an
> unborn fetus is more important to them than the living, breathing people
> that work in the facilities and places where they plant bombs or conceal
> snipers to maim and kill.  The government should not involve itself in
> issues between a woman and her doctor.  Whether you are pro-choice or
> pro-life you must agree that abortions will always exist as long as women
> inhabit this planet.  Do we really want to go back to the days of the coat
> hangar?
> This is my opinion.  If you don't agree with it that is fine.  I respect
> your opposing view.

Cheers,
Joao Paulo - Salvador,BA,Brazil