 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses          82 deg. F   :-)

Dear friends,

My dad is visiting me in a rare, one-day visit, today.  His right hand
tremors, but,
his handwriting,although jagged, is large and bold.

He says the tremor is stress-related.  Hesays that
his tremor only occurs when he is tense, and that
it is very noticeable when he is also tired. He is
82, and in very good health.

Primidone 50 mg , 1 per day, was prescribed
about 5 years ago,by a Veteran's Hospital neurologist
at an out-patient clinic in Rhode Island.

The tremor has NOT disappeared.

Why is Primidone usually prescribed? Is this is
a typical anit-tremor medicine?

He has no tremor while sleeping. His hand
is unable to grasp a pen comfortably and
write legibly nearly all the time.

My dad is wonedering if the Primidone is
necessary, or if he should be re-evaluated.

If any PIEN reader can help, I would be
very grateful.

Thank you.

Ivan Suzman