Dear Audrey & anyone else silly enough to read my missives:

You said:
<< understand that other countries may be debating the same issue or have
 already decided to use discarded tissues for stem cell research. I do
 understand some who have moral issues that conflict with the idea of
 abortion >>
Point no 2 first: Abortion has absolutely nothing to do with being for stem
cell research. You can be ProLife and be Pro-Stem Cell Research. There is no
contradiction in terms.
Point no 1 second: Yes other countries are going though the same conflict.
The Pope has come out against stem cell research, but many Catholics are,
(with clear conscious) backing stem cell research. (Remember that Italy, a
Catholic country has one of the lowest birth rates because of birth control
devices used by good Catholics. England, however, is going full speed ahead
with stem cell research. So is Sweden. But it's the USA that has the big
bucks to spend on research. The cure will be found, but only with a concerted
effort on ALL fronts.
All the best.
Sid Levin
PS; I still have a few books left. My novel is free for a donation to
Parkinson's Alliance. The book is entitled, HEART AND SOUL, A Love Story From
A Man's Perspective." Anyone interested: Check (For whatever you're
comfortable with) should be made out to Parkinson's Alliance and sent to Sid
Levin, 51 Cornell Ave, Larkspur, CA 94939. (There is no mention of PD in the
story -- it's a love story that a man can appreciate.)
Sid
PPS to Juanita Hibbert: Thanks for the plug. SL