In a message dated 08/26/2000 9:15:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Bazookas, howitzers, automatic weapons are already banned from
 possession by civilians.  Any kind of firearm is restricted from
 convicted felons, people with serious mental illness, and minors.  We
 have many laws restricting the possession and use of firearms, and if
 those laws were enforced, we would have less problems with illegal
 gun use. >>

This is all true.  However, *anyone* can get a gun through other channels.
Of course, convicted felons probably have more access to these channels
which, of course,  would mean that they can get their hands on guns more
readily than the average Joe.

I am all for gun control and I am pro-choice.  I believe that the banning of
guns or abortions would do nothing to stop either.

Carrie