Hi All,
Somehow my cut'n paste has failed to produce the desired
results and the hyperlinks didn't come out right... again
My apologies...  (I *fixed* 'em below)

Hi All,
Rick Hansen's request for more info on GPI-1046
prompted me to look closely at Amgen...

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest, I do not
own stock in this company, I am not promoting Amgen.
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell stock...
This is merely an insight into one biotech company
involved in research that may impact we PWP's....

Amgen Site Map
http://wwwext.amgen.com/siteDiagram.htm

About Amgen
http://www.amgen.com/corporate/AboutAmgen.html

Amgen Backgrounder
http://www.amgen.com/corporate/AboutAmgen/amgenBackgrounder.htm

Amgen has dedicated more than 15 years to
conducting research...
http://wwwext.amgen.com/rnd/AmgenResearch.html

Neuroimmunophilins    Phase 1
In 1997, Amgen licensed from Guilford Pharmaceuticals worldwide
rights for the neuroimmunophilins, a novel class of small-molecule,
orally-bioavailable neurotrophic agents that may represent a new
approach in treating neurodegenerative disorders.  In preclinical
studies, including models of Parkinson's disease, neuroimmunophilins
demonstrated potential to promote nerve regeneration and repair.
A neuroimmunophilin clinical development program has begun to
evaluate the use of these compounds in patients with Parkinson's disease
http://wwwext.amgen.com/product/Pipeline.html#neuroimmunophilins

Amgen Acquires Rights From Guilford Pharmaceuticals
for Breakthrough Neurotrophic Agents
http://wwwext.amgen.com/News/news97/guilford.html

Guilford and Amgen Announce Start of Neuroimmunophilin Clinical Trials
http://wwwext.amgen.com/News/news99/pressRelease990804.html

GPI-1046 Clinical Trials
http://www.guilfordpharm.com/b_patient.htm

Biotech Battle Scars Amgen Stock