From: Joao Carvalho [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Abortion issue and stem cell research can be resolved

"Fleming, Jennifer" wrote:

> Joao,  I don't see anything wrong w/ using birth control pills that
prevent
> ovulation.  I am not Catholic, BTW.

Jennifer would you consider the inclusion of the "After Day" pills to birth
control  ?

> I think that China is a terrible country.  JMHO.

I believe you mean the type of the Government and not the country ....
nevertheless if they do allow a free explosion population growth there I am
afraid this could mean a real danger to the planet considering the fact that
they would be forced to expand to other lands and considering also that now
they master nuclear weapons and long distance rockets . In any case be a
explosive world population growth or  be the use of nuclear weapons ,or both
,
could lead to the end of the human life in this planet.

> Hi Jennifer, I keep giving thoughts to these facts :
>
> 1 - What to prefer : see millions and millions of children dying of
> starvation
> and misery in Africa and other Continents or have all these parents be
> allowed to have free access to  pills and all methods against pregnancy ??
>
> 2 - What would be of the world (the planet as a whole as far as
elimination
> of
> forests , deserts grown , water supply , ecology etc. ) and China itself
if
> this
> country does not hold its rigid birth control rules that even approves
> abortion
> ??
>
> More thoughts in the weekend ....    ;-)

cheers,