Edith you are a breath of fresh air!

Please keep sending information like this. this is one of the many reasons
that i believe we are " are our brother's keepers".

I hope to some day. be able to call you E  because you consider me your
friend.

i have had pd for 12 years.

The first 10 years was a breeze to what" my uninvited guest" dances me
through these days.
i  stated in an earlier message a few years ago, [i just  forgot]. maybe my
thinking will allow my brain to ketch up and i will remember. no matter this
is one of the rules of pd chess! You are all ways testing yourself to see
who is going to win you or the pd.
It has been a lost year for me . I changed DR's, until i was able to get her
and my retired husband to understand how I was taking my meds and getting it
reregulated. I over medicated my self and it took a while for this to work
it's way out of my system. I was always falling, i used to be little speedy
in  loosing the power on my pd side i find by not rushing so and turning not
quickly, especially the last part, I do not fall so much.
 My husband bought me two types of canes and a walker too, At this point, I
use the cane when I go out because in a crowd I fnd i will loose my balance.
The best is wearing soccer knee pads so that when I would fall i would
hardly feel it, if i landed on my knees.
Oh , before I thought of this you would of thought my husband was abusing me
. He was not, he was worrying about me and the future.
For one year I was not able to kneel. i wear my pads everyday and if you
want a laugh just see me with my shorts on. I do not wear dresses or skirts
above the knees anymore but that is ok. I never liked it when I would  sit
and my legs would be exposed.
i know i am rambling on. I know  it is not only me that has this to contend
with. Some days things are too heavy for me to carry, like a cup of tea.
on the other hand i fall while walking back ward
, e.g.. using the vacuum or getting out of the car and stepping back to
close the door. one way i circumvented by learning to step around in a
circle then am able to step back. i found  when i stopped going to the Y
that my balance was not good. i now have someone to train me on exercises.
It seemed for a year I was not driving my car because when I would get
behind the wheel my leg would shake. It really frustrated me as I have had
the independence of doing and going. it interrupted my flower design
competitions because I would have the involuntary action when i was in
public trying to put things together. What a trip that was no strength, no
stamina, could not carry heavy things no climbing and so......My uninvited
guest has introduced me to so many strangers who come and help me get
organized.
 One day while I was holding a meeting I was shaking and trying to hold and
stand and lean in such a way as not  to have this shaking. If i must shake .
i wish i could do it at home instead of in public. but the rules of this
game is i do not make the rules but must use the rules in such a way that I
am able to do . just do it slower and do less.
At this point, few people knew i had pd. but standing and holding a meeting
of strangers was too much.
 I just said, girls I am shaking,  it is because I have an uninvited guest
known as pd.

I never had a problem they are understanding because everyone as they age
have something in the health department not working properly. Some even came
and thanked me
for telling of my problem.
If i were not so impulsive my husband would help me more . i know he does
not want to do all that he does but he tries and that is very important to
me I try to maintain my independence as much as possible.
Now that I have my meds regulated i find that other than at times being so
tired. I am able to carry things, do the stairs, iron, vacuum and am driving
my self around town and  many other things as well. My daughters say to me,"
mom why don't you only do one project at a time. but i can't I must have 3
or things to work on. you know over the years, we tend to collect things and
say i will do it later. Now is my later and i am trying to put these at
rest. After 4 children i am now looking at refurbishing the furniture and
adding to what we already have. This keeps me busy . " a mind can be a
dangerous thing".
In speaking about furniture. I am sure some are cringing because  they do
not like to iron but i do. my daughters kid me that i would iron underwear
and towels but I like my bed clothes ironed .
Finally, I would ask for someone's assistance. I like to refinish furniture
i like to add old things to new as some of it is sentimental.
 I recently bought a large wooden arm chair. I think it might be 1900 -1920
time period, now you are dealing with some one that  has no knowledge of
furniture and what periods and when..Is this office furniture as it is large
with short back  the construction is of fat limbs?. It has claw feet no
balls just claws. I think it is walnut. I want to use the expression of the
legs are broad or fat queen Ann legs with claw feet. It is short for that
reason i like it ,as being small my feet touch the floor. now, i plan to re
do and put a plaque on it  titled Mark's chair. He is a large man and when
he comes to visit he will have something suitable for him. he is the husband
of one of my daughters  a wonderful young man.

Enough for now ..I'm sure those who have read this are as tired as I now am.

L&K S