I read Senator Brownback's Miami Herald statement too fast.
I responded to the question: "Why Not Use Stem Cells From PIGS?"
Apparently his question was,, "Why not use adult stem cells."
Mea Culpa for answering a presumably earlier statement by him or some other
misinformed party.
As to the question of adult stem cells: There are a myriad of reasons
(Writers help me out -- add to my list).
1.  Older stem cells seem to be less adaptable -- although some degree of
success has occurred)
2   Reports show that adult stem cells apparently age faster
3   It's for research and if they don't try all available approaches, they
will never know the optimum way to repair or replace organs and tissues.
4   The stem cells the can use (Pluripotent cells) are not replica into a
life form
5   If not used for research, the egg container for these cells is incinerated
6   The donor is not allowed to profit from her freewill decision to donate
her leftover eggs to science. (No fee)
7   The donor cannot specify to whom these incinerator bound eggs shall
benefit if removed from it's incinerator destiny.
8   The donor has gone through an in vitro fertilization program. She has
hopefully accomplished conception which will bear fruit of a lovely child.
She has no need for the eggs surplus to the test-tube fertilization
procedures that helped her create a life that was wanted and will be loved.
Would you want to outlaw in vitro fertilization?

I messed up when I answered the wrong question.
But at least my answers were both correct.
I stand by them and for them!
Sid