The way I read Nancy's statement is:
*************************************************************************************************************************
<snip?
 >Have a question of debate i guess.
 >
 >I have been asked why go to the walk in NYC for PD ? when I can use that
 >money and donate it the the same foundation?? Sees it as 'just another
 >way of meeting others with P.D. The person wants to know. I tried
 >explaining
<snip>
Nancy understands full well that Parkies have already given above and
beyond the
call of duty, but she's obviously trying to convince someone ,who is not a
Parkie of that
fact.

The key word Nancy is RECREATION!
Take the word recreation and divide it into RE-CREATE, and you now know a
word which
  should be very important to each and every PWP,and all Caregivers.

A bottle is not filled to the rim, because if it is, the cap won't stay on.
  We all need a little breathing
space.
We all need time to ourselves to re-create,  rest and renew!!

**********************************************************************************************************************************
Since February I have become a caregiver of my Husband (non PD, but
diabetic and stroke victim, now , last
Monday,a newly cataract/lens implant patient, )

I'm going to tell all of you just how selfish I am!

1. I don't argue with someone who is NOT a PWP, because its a waste of my
time and energy,
     and I don't have enough of either.

2. I'm going to keep my $500 for myself,
    and God willing, the middle of October I'm going to go
    to Albuquerque, New Mexico and visit my Sis & BIL and go to the Hot Air
Balloon Races.
     Since I am no longer allowed to fly, I still can live vicariously
through Air Races.

3. Its a well established fact that Mental & Physical Health are equally
important.

I hope you all have a great holiday weekend, and Nancy , save your energy
for yourself!!!

just me,
Marjorie