Hi, Greg,

isolationists.  It'll never happen in this technological(we have more
nuclear weapons than you have)world in which we're already trying to
survive.  There's just no way we're  going to leave our flanks uncovered.
The cold war mentality hasn't really changed.  Everyone just smiles more.

On the otherhand, the money is a waste.  It will merely be placed in a
Swiss bank account somewhere for the Venezuelan equivalent of Emelda Marcos
or someone in the drug cartel.  Forget research, forget children's medical
care, forget the elderly(hey, that's some of us)forget training/retraining,
forget decent, affordable housing. etc. Now what makes me think there's
more to politics than meets the eye?
P.S.  Don't sell the house.  Don't sell the car.  Leave your
granddaughter's toys alone.  Sell the dog's house, toys, and food instead!
That should do it.
P.S.S.  Leave the Prozac alone!
P.S.S.S.  Sorry, Nancy, I couldn't resist.

At 12:06 PM 9/2/2000 -0400, you wrote:
Unity Walk to PD research instead of wasting it on meeting other PWP's;
What a great idea!

>After giving it much thought I have decided to consume myself with PD and
donate as much of my personal wealth as I can to research.  In order to do
this I am selling my house, my car, and all of my granddaughter's toys.  I
will also change my lifestyle.  No more eating out, and no entertainment.
$7.00 for a movie is ridiculous anyway.  The only electronic device I will
retain is an AM radio.  I love polka tunes.  Just think of the money I can
save by growing my own vegetables and canning them for winter sustenance.
Wow, I can't wait to get started!  I will have to increase my intake of
anti-depressants however.

>Seriously, PWP's still have lives no matter what their condition is.  Many
of us have already given a priceless gift to research in the form of our
own bodies.  You can't put a price on being a research test subject.  PD
effects the entire nation, not just the victim and his/her family.  This
government must stop worrying about the rest of the world and focus on its
own citizens.  Why in the world did we need to give over 1 billion dollars
to Columbia to fight a hopeless drug war?  Just think if that money were
given to find a cure for PD.