 From the email we get from Peter Jennings 5 days a week.

just me,
Marjorie
******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Good Afternoon.

And please forgive us for the late hour.  We have spent a good portion of
the day with a head of state.  More on that in a moment.

We plan to begin tonight with the dead heat.  We do not often build a lead
story around polling information, but today a major ABCNEWS poll finds 47
percent of Americans supporting George W. Bush and 47 percent supporting Al
Gore. Two months until the election.  The campaigns are keeping their eye
on the ball -- meaning, those people who haven't made up their minds
yet.  The holdouts.  There is plenty of evidence that the electorate is
getting very interested in this race.  And from the campaigns themselves,
there is plenty of venom directed at the other side.