Thanks for the many responses. So far there hasn't been anything to conclude
that if you don't have PD what you may have is more likely to be worse, or
better. One of the articles on the diagnostic test sums it up. If someone
tells you that you have PD and there is a 1 in 4 chance they are wrong and
what you really have is less severe, then you don't want to rush into
potentially harmful therapy if you don't need it. But if they tell you that
you have PD and there is a 1 in 4 chance it's something worse, then the
sooner you are being medicated the better. I hope the diagnostic will be
available before too long. But can anyone tell me, is SPECT done on the same
machine as CAT or is it done on PET? I ask because I am told that in the
whole of Australia there are only two or three PET scanners and they are
only used for university research. So if the test needs that facility, there
is buckley's chance of getting it done! Back to the drawing board.... has
anyone heard whether you can diagnose with water diviners??? We do have some
of those at least....
Alf
Adelaide
50 <1 48