"Marjorie L. Moorefield" wrote:

> The way I read Nancy's statement is:
> *************************************************************************************************************************
> <snip?
>  >Have a question of debate i guess.
>  >
>  >I have been asked why go to the walk in NYC for PD ? when I can use that
>  >money and donate it the the same foundation?? Sees it as 'just another
>  >way of meeting others with P.D. The person wants to know. I tried
>  >explaining
> <snip>
> ********************************************************************************************************
> Nancy understands full well that Parkies have already given above and
> beyond the
> call of duty, but she's obviously trying to convince someone ,who is not a
> Parkie of that
> fact.
>
> The key word Nancy is RECREATION!
> Take the word recreation and divide it into RE-CREATE, and you now know a
> word which
>   should be very important to each and every PWP,and all Caregivers.
>
> A bottle is not filled to the rim, because if it is, the cap won't stay on.
>   We all need a little breathing
> space.
> We all need time to ourselves to re-create,  rest and renew!!

THANK YOU YES ALL NEED BREAKS TO RE-CREATE
> **********************************************************************************************************************************
> Since February I have become a caregiver of my Husband (non PD, but
> diabetic and stroke victim, now , last
> Monday,a newly cataract/lens implant patient, )
>
> I'm going to tell all of you just how selfish I am!
>
> 1. I don't argue with someone who is NOT a PWP, because its a waste of my
> time and energy,
>      and I don't have enough of either.
>
> 2. I'm going to keep my $500 for myself,
>     and God willing, the middle of October I'm going to go
>     to Albuquerque, New Mexico and visit my Sis & BIL and go to the Hot Air
> Balloon Races.
>      Since I am no longer allowed to fly, I still can live vicariously
> through Air Races.

YES !  WE WENT UP IN A HOT AIR BALLOON IN BEAVERCREEK, COLORADO WHEN I
WAS IN A WHEELCHAIR TOTALLY. NATURALLY I HAD TO SIGN A LIABILITY RELEASE
,DUE TO  LOW BLOOD PRESSURE CHANGES,ECT. THE HB OWNERS PICKED ME UP AND
PLACED ME IN THE BASKET AND UP AND AWAY WE WENT ABOVE THE TREES.

SO HAVE A BLAST IN THE BALLOON! THE RIDE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST.