Last Friday, Barb was given Atavan to quiet her dyskenesia enough to
take a CTScan, but the Invasive Radiologist noticed that he had no
signed authorization or release to operate.   I had been there for many
hours the previous day, but they found me around 2:00PM to sign the
papers but by that time, it was too late to schedule the operation and
the recovery room was released.  I was angry and the neurologist was
lashing the radiologist, but the G tube operation had to be postponed to
Tuesday, Monday being Labor Day.  The neurologist, Dr. Linda Sigmund,
said that we had no choice but to insert a NG tube through the nose into
the stomach because the risks became too great and Barb had to get
nutrients.  It took five nurses to place the tube and then Barb had to
be restrained to avert pulling it out.  Now, she could be given food in
liquid form and  medication by grinding and slurring with water and
pushed in by a large syringe.
In the meantime, Aaron and Leah visited several nursing homes where Barb
could receive proper attention to titrate her intake regimen to restore
her to the best functioning status possible.  When she returns home, we
will get more professional assistance to relieve me to some degree.
Thus, I spent most of the day of 2 Sept., my birthday, sitting by Barb
bedside, but Barb was able to see her grandchild there too.  But I had
my immediate family there too, and having those I love be  with me was
most satisfying.  But today, 3 Sept. the kids, these wonderful kids,
took me out for dinner in a slightly festive mood.
Have a happy Labor Day.
Michel