In a message dated 09/04/2000 6:59:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] / janet paterson <[log in to unmask]> writes:

<>

Here are some things for you to "wonder" about:

 1.  Bill is proud of his daughter and her website achievement.
 2.  Bill was not in any way trying to promote porn.
 3.  Bill "promoted" the site here because Stephanie donates membership dues
      received each Monday to PD research.
 4.  Lots of people have webcam sites; some are porn and some are not.
 5.  Stephanie Innanen has a NON-porn site.
 6.  Stephanie Innanen belongs to at least one webcam web ring.
 7.  Some of the webcams in the ring, maybe even the majority -- I have no
idea,
      feature pornography.
 8.  Neither Stephanie nor *any* webmaster can be held responsible for
content on
      other sites.
 9.  Nothing is to be gained by antagonizing Bill or anyone else on (or off)
the list.

Janet, when you were having your most recent list troubles, I spoke out in
your defense.  Now I am reflecting on the wisdom of that.  You lay low for a
while and then started posting some really nice and informative stuff.  Now
you seem to want to stir things up over  Bill's daughter's website.  Maybe
Bill made a mistake in sharing it with the list, but I personally do not
think so.  I believe that Bill's intention was to share the site with the
list because some of the money received for subscriptions goes to support a
cause that is near and dear to all our hearts, PD research.  He even named
two of these organizations in his original email.  I think it is way out of
line to ask him to produce financial statements.  He was sharing his
daughter's website with us; he never said, "Hey, check out the porn."

There is no argument that the link on Stephanie's page led to a porn site.
Do we know if the site in question contained such explicit porn when
Stephanie's link was created? No.  I agree this whole thing "smells"
familiar; it smells like the burning of witches at the stake....

** A Point to Ponder **
If a cure for PD was found and you knew that the money to fund the research
which resulted in said cure was raised via pornography websites or other
sales, would you continue to live with PD?  Or would you opt for the cure?

Carrie
daughter of Sharon CG and Michael 64/14