Just the fact that PD is a movement disorder, ie abnormal functioning of
the muscles of the body, should make one realize that the heart, an organ
that pumps our blood and therefore is a muscle operated pump could/would be
effected by this disease.  It seemed logical even to this science
challenged fine arts major that PD involves the heart.

I agree, Murray, each discovery may link to the "puzzle" of why, how
Parkinson's occurs.  How exciting to weekly read of more research in the
neurological/brain disorder field!!!!!

Jeanette Fuhr
49/47/44?

Murray Charters said in part:

Thankyou Hans for the Full Text. It is very interesting. The TV
version on last nights World Report alarmed my children and some
friends which prompts my response...

Don't be "disheartened" (pun intended)...

"Our results suggest that only Parkinson disease, not
multiple-system atrophy, is associated with loss of sympathetic terminal
innervation. This possible etiopathologic distinction might prove
clinically
useful in the differential diagnosis of these conditions."

That's the bottom line here... Our hearts haven't been affected
by this News.  They are physically the same as yesterday.
The progression of our PD hasn't changed one iota.

What is changed then?  We have a little more knowledge. That's all.

Just one more small step towards solving the "Parkinson Puzzle".

Cheers ......... murray